Pages

July 12, 2013

Mrs. Martin

Well, I am happy to announce that I have married my prince charming.  On June 23 we tied the knot at Toccoa Falls.  We got married in front of one of the tallest waterfalls in the Eastern United States.  Our day was perfect.  The rain held off and the weather couldn't have been better.  We surrounded ourselves with about 120 of our closest friends and family.


My dad walked me down the aisle.  He helped me fight back the tears. 

We began our marriage with prayer.  
Kissy kissy!

Mr. and Mrs. Martin


We honeymooned in North Myrtle Beach.  Jeffery and his fair skin couldn't hardly handle that much sun.  After 2 days on the beach, he was done!

Our situation is a little different than most newlyweds.  Jeffery is stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.  We will spend our first 2.5 years of marriage seeing each other when we have the money to buy a plane ticket and when he has leave days and I have a break from school.  We have been apart for almost 2 weeks now.  Sometimes the loneliness is almost unbearable, but I am always reminded that this time apart will be well worth it eventually.  I would rather have to be thousands of miles apart than to not have him at all.



1 comment:

Whitney said...

It was a beautiful wedding, and I know that you both will make it through it all! Being away from a loved one is tough, but when you finally get the chance to have them back in your life for good, there's no greater feeling. Love you both!